Why is Brand Publishing Critical?
First, what is Brand Publishing?
Brand Publishing is defined as the production, management, distribution, and optimization of marketing and sales content at scale. It has become essential to the future growth of every business and critical to the success of every Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
5 Reasons Brand Publishing is Critical to the Success of the CMO
Publishing has emerged as a management competency critical to the success of the digital marketing, social media and sales enablement programs that drive growth. Marketing executives overwhelmingly agree that without effective marketing content – including videos, white papers, collateral, articles, case studies, blogs, and training – these advanced sales and marketing systems will not produce the results they need.
Over 90% of CMOs agree that their organizations must morph into a publishing function in order to execute on their growth agenda, and manage the rising cost and complexity of content operations. Many have begun the process of transitioning to a publishing model so they can sustainably create the content needed to achieve their growth goals. Leaders are re-engineering outdated marketing processes, adding new publishing skills, editorial management structures, and technology platforms.
But most marketing executives don’t know how to apply the principles of publishing to their marketing operations. And they want help. CMO’s are looking for more effective ways to deliver highly personalized and engaging content across sales, marketing, and media channels. They also need to find sustainable and cost effective ways to produce and manage content at the scale needed to support growth.
Brand Publishing accelerates growth by providing the fuel that runs targeted, personalized, content-based marketing and sales enablement programs. For example, compelling and actionable content is important to getting response from earned, owned and paid media investments. The quality of content – thought leadership or entertainment value – is now critical to differentiating the brand and driving engagement. Selling stories, ROI models, and customer case studies are essential to supporting “value conversations” that accelerate sales, drive margins, and change minds. And without well- targeted and “modular” content, it is impossible to deliver personalized digital experiences in digital, social and mobile channels. In addition, streamlining the process for planning, creating and delivering insights, and offerings to customers creates competitive advantage by increasing speed to market and agility.
Not convinced yet? Then download our free research report titled 10 Steps to building a Brand Publishing Center of Excellence.
94% of senior-level executives believe delivering personalization is critical or important to reaching customers because it differentiates the customer experience and drives better sales and marketing outcomes. But PwC Digital IQ research shows most marketers don’t execute personalization very well.
To uncover the secrets to profitably enabling and executing personalized content experiences that leverage customer data and insights, I will host of panel of CMO’s– entitled Personalization: Fusing Creative & Analytics on October 17th, 2016 at the DMA’s Strategic Summit is an exclusive, invitation-only event for Marketing Executives attending &THEN and are active VP’s and above.
Brand publishing – the creation, management and distribution of marketing and sales content at scale – has become essential the future growth of every business. Marketing content now represents over one quarter of the sales and marketing investment in most companies and is viewed as “the life blood” of modern marketing.
The Brand Publishing Institute offers on site Executive Workshops to teach marketing leaders and the their extended teams practical and fundamental ways to plan, source, target, manage, distribute and track highly effective marketing content that drives measurable for their organizations.
This four hour on-site executive workshop is designed to teach CMO’s and their extended team’s practical ways to sustainably create the quality of marketing content they need to grow, while managing the cost and complexity of content operations. Using our proprietary Brand Publishing methodology, best practices research workbooks, and online certification program, experts from the Brand Publishing Institute will teach your marketing team ten core competencies they can apply in day-to-day content operations that will help them:
- Gain a deeper understanding of how they support the publishing process in their organization;
- Meet changing customer expectations for relevant, insightful, and interactive content;
- Reduce the cost of sourcing, managing, and distributing content across the enterprise.
- Increase the utilization and ROI of mobile, social and digital marketing technologies;
- Execute on targeting and analytics to deliver personalized content experiences;
- Quickly and proactively deliver the right content to your sales team in selling situations;
- Plan, produce, and target marketing content that achieves collective business goals.
This program will benefit the CMO and the first line managers, practitioners, agencies, and contributors, who need to work as a team to produce, manage, distribute and optimize the marketing content essential to the corporate growth agenda. Our team will customize an agenda to suit your process and business goals.
Establishing A Baseline: Why Marketers Need to Become Publishers
- Why Brand Publishing has become so critical to growth;
- The challenge of producing, managing, and distributing marketing content at scale;
- The imperative to transform marketing and adopt Brand Publishing practices;
- Ten Brand Publishing core competencies marketing organizations need to succeed
Applying The Principles of Publishing to a Corporate Marketing Environment
- Establishing an editorial structure and a disciplined approach to planning content
- The keys to efficient content sourcing and creation in the digital age
- Targeting and organizing content for impact, effectiveness, and personalization
- A federated model for governing content in a complex and changing environment
- Assembling modular content elements into highly effective marketing assets
- Distributing content in many sales, marketing and media channels
- Understanding, measuring, and managing the economics of content operations
Building a Brand Publishing Center of Excellence
- Strategies for architecting content for impact, consistency, and reuse
- Publishing skills that marketing executives need to acquire, develop and transfer
- Leveraging technology to streamline and systematize the publishing process
Action Plan: Putting Brand Publishing Principles to work in your job
- Benchmarking your organizational maturity against best-n-class marketing organizations
- Identifying the key points of leverage and scale in your enterprise publishing process
- Ranking the top short term and long term action priorities for your team to pursue
- Identifying and educating the key stakeholders that support the enterprise publishing process