How to Execute A Thought Leadership Selling Program
The notion of establishing thought leadership has emerged as a top priority as growth-starved organizations look to differentiate themselves with new ideas, education, and relevant solutions that address buyer pain and influence their perceptions of value.
Thought Leadership Selling Programs take a systematic approach hto delivering new ideas, relevant advice, and compelling solutions to prospects and customers through sales, marketing and media channels. A Thought Leadership Program provides your sales and marketing team with a sustained stream of education and advisory content that helps them open doors, make more effective sales calls, differentiate your organization and deliver trusted advice.
A Thought Leadership Program is:
- Based on a strategy that integrates sales process, communications, branding and product sales goals
- Built upon a well thought out set of thought leadership assets including advisory content, tools and resources
- Delivered to customers using disciplined multi-channel programs and coordinated customer touches
Based on our experience executing Thought Leadership Selling Programs for over a fifty market leaders such as Adobe, CBS, Digitas, DuPont, Ernst & Young, Intuit, Oracle, PwC and SunTrust Bank, we define a Thought Leadership Selling Program as taking a programmatic approach to delivering new ideas, relevant advice and compelling solutions to prospects and customers using sales, marketing and media channels. A successful Thought Leadership Program will provide your salespeople with a disciplined and coordinated stream of advisory content that helps open doors, make more effective sales calls, differentiate your offerings, and deliver relevant advice. Specifically, there are three steps to designing and executing a Thought Leadership program that will help your sales force generate measurable sales growth in the next sales quarter:
- Define a thought leadership strategy that aligns with your growth strategy
- Publish thought leadership assets that enable the go-to-market process
- Engage customers using a mix of marketing, media and sales channels
These three steps are outlined in our report entitled: Thought Leadership Selling: How To Systematically Drive Top Line Growth with Education, Ideas and Insights. will explain why Thought Leadership is so important to sales success and practical steps your marketing team can take to drive measurable sales outcomes deep in the sales funnel with ideas, insights and education.